- City Agendas and Minutes
- Boards + Commissions + Committees
- Code of Ordinances and City Charter
- Mayor and City Council
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Dunwoody Village Master Plan
- Georgetown Master Plan
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Parks Master Plan
- Peachtree Corners - Dunwoody Winters Chapel Road Area Study
- Sustainability Plan
- Transportation Plan
- Tree Inventory and Assessment
- Urban Redevelopment Plan
- Last Mile Connectivity
- Hammond Drive Corridor Improvements
- News Room
- Open Records
- Public + Legal Notices
- Voter Information
Wednesday, October 02, 2019
Giving back is the focus of Dunwoody Volunteer Day
Dunwoody residents, businesses and visitors can make a difference by planting, painting and sprucing up parks on Volunteer Day.
Dunwoody, GA – October 2, 2019 – The Dunwoody community is invited to come together and give back during Volunteer Day on Saturday, October 12 from 9 a.m. to noon. Trees Atlanta and Painting with a Twist are partnering with Dunwoody Parks & Recreation on projects that involve planting trees and painting rocks.
“This is an important annual event that helps us keep our parks beautiful,” said Dunwoody Parks & Recreation Director Brent Walker. “We’re grateful that so many in our community want to do their part and make a difference.”
Volunteers should register in advance using this link: https://secure.rec1.com/GA/dunwoody-ga/catalog. Walk-up registration is also available on the morning of the event, October 12. Volunteers are asked to check in near the Veterans Memorial building across from the Brook Run Park playground.
Volunteer Day projects include the following:
- Planting trees with Trees Atlanta at Perimeter Center East Park along the Dunwoody Trailway near the new pedestrian bridge. Volunteers are asked to park on the top level of the parking deck at 1455 Lincoln Parkway. Site location is 50 Perimeter Center East.
- Contributing to a rock painting art installation. Led by Painting with a Twist, volunteers of all ages will decorate rocks that will be placed throughout the park and along the Dunwoody Trailway. This is part of our celebration of Dunwoody Arts & Culture Month.
- Cleaning up the Brook Run Park greenhouse.
- Helping with general park and sign cleanup at Brook Run Park. This includes pulling privet, laying mulch, raking and sign cleaning.
Volunteer Day is family-friendly and includes activities that are appropriate for all ages. Volunteers are encouraged to bring outdoor or work gloves.
# # #
For more information regarding the City of Dunwoody, please contact Jennifer Boettcher, Communications Director: 678.382.6881, Jennifer.Boettcher@dunwoodyga.gov.
Return to list.
Social Media Isn't Just About Connecting...It's About Staying Connected! Stay social with us and check out all the city's social media accounts!
Read the April - June 2020 Dunwoody Digest
Past Issues of the Dunwoody Digest can be accessed below: