- City Agendas and Minutes
Boards + Commissions + Committees
- Alcohol License Review Board
- Audit Committee
- Board of Ethics
- Budget Committee
- Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody
- Development Authority
- Planning Commission
- Sustainability Committee
- Urban Redevelopment Agency
- Volunteer Coordinating Committee
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Code of Ordinances and City Charter
- Mayor and City Council
- Master Plans
- News Room
- Open Records
- Public + Legal Notices
- Voter Information
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
City of Dunwoody to host Ask the FCC on May 9
The free program is open to all and will focus on avoiding robocalls, phone scams and other consumer issues on May 9 at Dunwoody City Hall.
Dunwoody, GA – April 30, 2019 – The City of Dunwoody will host representatives from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to meet with consumers and discuss robocalls, scams and other telecommunications-related issues on Thursday, May 9 at 6 p.m.
“The Dunwoody Town Hall is part of an FCC road tour designed to educate communities on a wide range of telecommunications topics and to help consumers with their communication needs,” said FCC Associate Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau Chief, Eduard Bartholme. “We will provide consumers with information and resources on telecommunication issues that affect their daily lives, including tips on avoiding robocalls and caller ID spoofing scams and understanding their phone bills.”
Topics to be covered include:
- Unwanted calls including robocalls and spoofing
- Telephone billing issues including slamming and cramming
- Protecting your smart devices from being lost or stolen
- Broadband and digital inclusion: encouraging everyone to get online
- The ongoing broadcast transition and how broadcast TV stations in your area may be affected
- How to file informal complaints using our online Consumer Help Center
- Tip cards, posters and other outreach materials
Dunwoody City Hall is located at 4800 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. The program is free and open to all.
# # #
For more information regarding the City of Dunwoody, please contact Jennifer Boettcher, City of Dunwoody Communications Director, at 678-382-6881 or at Jennifer.Boettcher@dunwoodyga.gov.
About the City of Dunwoody, Georgia
Dunwoody is located in metro Atlanta, in northern DeKalb County, Georgia and was officially incorporated as a city on December 1, 2008. The City of Dunwoody provides quality service to its citizens and supports the largest economic engine in the Southeast by planning in a careful and thoughtful manner. The City of Dunwoody is inventive, transparent and embraces responsible progress, tempered by the city’s rich history and strong desire to maintain a close and vibrant community atmosphere that values family life and the entrepreneurial spirit. The City of Dunwoody supports and nurtures a community dedicated to the preservation of family, education, religious institutions, and the environment.
Return to list.