- City Agendas and Minutes
Boards + Commissions + Committees
- Alcohol License Review Board
- Audit Committee
- Board of Ethics
- Budget Committee
- Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody
- Development Authority
- Planning Commission
- Sustainability Committee
- Urban Redevelopment Agency
- Volunteer Coordinating Committee
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Code of Ordinances and City Charter
- Mayor and City Council
- Master Plans
- News Room
- Open Records
- Public + Legal Notices
- Voter Information
Monday, April 08, 2019
Dunwoody Makes New Trail Connections and Park Improvements
Two ribbon-cuttings and a groundbreaking are planned for early April to celebrate enhancements to trails and parks in the City of Dunwoody.
Dunwoody, GA – April 8, 2019 – City leaders will celebrate important enhancements to trails and parks in the City of Dunwoody with three special events in early April. The public is invited to join in these celebrations.
“After seeking an enormous amount of public input and developing two park master plans, we’re excited to start transformational improvements at Brook Run Park,” said Dunwoody Parks Director Brent Walker. “We’re also encouraged by the positive feedback we’re hearing about the new pedestrian bridge for the Dunwoody Trailway.”
· Tuesday, April 9th at 10 a.m. - Brook Run Park (4770 N Peachtree Road) - Groundbreaking ceremony for Brook Run Park improvements, which will add two multi-sports fields, a great lawn with a performance stage, a new covered picnic pavilion area and a nine-hold disc golf course to Dunwoody’s largest park. Meet near the future event lawn and amphitheater space on S. Georgia Way, just west of the Skate Park.
· Wednesday, April 10th at 10 a.m. – Parking available at 50 Perimeter Center East – Ribbon-cutting for the new Dunwoody Trailway section and pedestrian bridge, which crosses the North Fork of Nancy Creek. This project creates a critical connection between the Georgetown Community of Dunwoody to Perimeter Center.
· Monday, April 15th at 10 a.m. – 4865 Lakeside Drive – Ribbon-cutting for the new restroom facility at Windwood Hollow Park. This new amenity will make the park an ideal location for birthday parties and other special events. Here is the link for facility rentals: https://secure.rec1.com/GA/dunwoody-ga/catalog
# # #
For more information regarding the City of Dunwoody, please contact Jennifer Boettcher, City of Dunwoody Communications Director, at 678-382-6881 or at Jennifer.Boettcher@dunwoodyga.gov.
About the City of Dunwoody, Georgia
Dunwoody is located in metro Atlanta, in northern DeKalb County, Georgia and was officially incorporated as a city on December 1, 2008. The City of Dunwoody provides quality service to its citizens and supports the largest economic engine in the Southeast by planning in a careful and thoughtful manner. The City of Dunwoody is inventive, transparent and embraces responsible progress, tempered by the city’s rich history and strong desire to maintain a close and vibrant community atmosphere that values family life and the entrepreneurial spirit. The City of Dunwoody supports and nurtures a community dedicated to the preservation of family, education, religious institutions, and the environment.
Return to list.