The Sustainability Committee recommends sustainable policies and procedures to reduce the environmental footprint of the city while also providing public education and outreach on sustainability issues.
Mission Statement: Enable smart choices for our community and its residents by promoting, through education, outreach, and awareness efforts, the conservation of energy, water, and fuel; investment in renewable energy; reduction of waste; and protecting and restoring the community’s natural resources. To advise and assist the City of Dunwoody to develop sustainable measures, practices, buildings, and fleets that are environmentally, economically, and socially responsible.
The Sustainability Committee meets the second Thursday of every month at 7:45 a.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room.
The committee has 7 members, each serving 3-year terms.
- Michael Cowan, Chair – Term expires 12/31/21
- Ronald Davis - Term expires 12/31/20
- Debbie Gordon – Term expires 12/31/20
- Jason Metzger – Term expires 12/31/21
- Michael Pray – Term expires 12/31/21
- Debi Shendelman – Term expires 12/31/20
- Nathan Sparks - Term expires 12/31/21
High School Ex-Officio Members: 2 year term or upon graduation, whichever is first
- Austin Jenks
- Marina von Behren
College Ex-Officio Members: 2 year term or upon graduation from college, whichever is first