Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Yellow Dot Program
The Dunwoody Police Department is pleased to introduce the Yellow Dot program to our community.
******For Immediate Release******
Incident: Yellow Dot Program
Date: September 19, 2018
Location: Dunwoody Police Department
The Dunwoody Police Department is pleased to introduce the Yellow Dot program to our community. Yellow Dot is a free program designed to help first responders provide life-saving medical attention during the first “golden hour” after a crash or other emergency.
The Yellow Dot program will help first responders understand important information about a patient’s medical history when arriving to an emergency scene. A yellow, peach-shaped decal placed on the driver side rear window of a vehicle will alert first responders that vital medical information is stored in the glove compartment. The decal can also provide life-saving information to emergency personnel responding to in-home emergencies. At the homes of participants the Yellow Dot will be placed at the entrance. First responders arriving at the scene of an emergency will be alerted by the Yellow Dot decal to look for the medical information card in the glove compartment or on the refrigerator.
Georgia’s Yellow Dot Program can be used by anyone but may be most helpful for:
• People with multiple or serious medical conditions
• People with severe allergies
• Children with special needs
• Individuals with dementia who may be prone to driving
Yellow Dot kits will be available during normal business hours at:
• The Dunwoody Police Department, 4800 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338.
• The Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338.
• The Phoenix at Dunwoody, 4484 N Shallowford Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338.
• The Alzheimer's Association, 41 Perimeter Center East, Suite 550, Dunwoody, GA 30346.
• The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta, 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338.
The Yellow Dot program being brought to Dunwoody is the result of a partnership between the Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Aging Services. More information regarding the Yellow Dot program is available at https://aging.georgia.gov/yellow-dot-program.
Return to list.