City of Dunwoody
Inframark is seeking to hire an Accounting Manager in the City of Dunwoody office. The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting Department.
• Formulates departmental goals, strategies and SOPs and directs implementation and changes. Responsible for ensuring all internal accounting controls are in place and functioning properly.
• Manages his/her team in all aspects of people management including: hiring, orientation/on-boarding, performance management, salary changes, promotions, training and development, transfers and terminations. Monitors and reviews staff work and coaches appropriate improvement.
• Manages month-end closing and P & L review. Compiles composite reports from individual team member reports.
• Manages sales and use tax administration.
• Compiles yearly budget information for specific divisions and locations. Prepares monthly forecasts. Prepares month end variance reports and recommendations.
• Prepares and submits tax package information to Group Controller.
• Assists Finance Director with special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education/Experience: BS degree in Accounting and 6-8 years of experience in Accounting or general business (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Technical: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. FAS system experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License. CPA.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect & accountability. Challenges other through productive discussion.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues. Thinks “big picture” when assessing problems/opportunities. Develops innovative & creative solutions.
Managing For Results: Follows all company policies & SOPs. Delegates, prioritizes & manages the work of others. Balances competing priorities, scheduling issues & deadlines. Delivers effective feedback. Manages cost, quality & expedience.
Leadership & Initiative: Motivates & empowers others. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains, coaches & mentors others. Champions change.
The work environment is characteristic of an office environment: sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting are required to perform job responsibilities. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 lbs.
Questions? Contact Bob Koncar at 904-626-0593.
Date Posted: 09-20-2018
Expire Date: 11-12-2018