Monday, June 12, 2017
Chief Grogan Selected for Local Govt 911 Authority
The Local Government 9-1-1 Authority Advisory Board is comprised of state agency heads, local elected officials and representatives from the public safety and law enforcement communities, including Dunwoody's own Chief Grogan.
***** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *****
Incident: Chief Grogan Selected for Local Government 9-1-1 Authority
Date: June 12, 2017
Location: Dunwoody Police Department
On June 08, 2017, Governor Nathan Deal announced creation of the Local Government 9-1-1 Authority, which will be housed under the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA/HS), on July 1st. Governor Deal will introduce legislation codifying the Authority during the 2018 legislative session.
The Local Government 9-1-1 Authority Advisory Board is comprised of state agency heads, local elected officials and representatives from the public safety and law enforcement communities, as recommended by SB 222. Its members include:
· Colonel Mark McDonough, Commissioner, Department of Public Safety
· Lynne Riley, Commissioner, Department of Revenue
· Cheryl Greathouse, ISD Director, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
· Greg Whitaker, Director, Douglas County E-911
· William Wright, Manager, Barrow County E-911
· Ted Wynn, Public Safety and Emergency Mgmt. Director, Bulloch County
· Charlotte Nash, Chairman, Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
· Peter Olson, County Manager, Bartow County
· Eddie DeLoach, Mayor, City of Savannah
· John McDonough, City Manager, City of Sandy Springs
· Michael Wall, VP of Government & Regulatory Affairs, Comcast
· Kevin Curtin, Assistant Vice President of Legislative Affairs, AT&T
· Billy Hancock, Sheriff, Crisp County
· Billy Grogan, Police Chief, City of Dunwoody
· Joel Baker, Fire Chief, City of Atlanta
The role of director was also a recommendation of SB 222, and GEMA/HS Director Homer Bryson appointed Michael Nix to fill this role.
Regarding appointment to the Board, Chief Grogan stated, ““I am honored to serve on the Local Government 9-1-1 Authority Advisory Board and look forward to working with the other members of the Board to carry out our mission.”
For more information, please contact Community Outreach / Public Information Officer Mark Stevens via telephone at 678-382-6917 or via Email at email@example.com.
Return to list.