The City of Dunwoody is committed to leveraging technology to better serve its citizens and deliver better services and program outcomes.
Technology is a tool that enables government to be accessible to constituents at their convenience and in their location, and efficient and effective in delivering services and information. The Information Technology Department plans, develops, supports, and maintains the information services and technologies needed to successfully achieve the city’s mission.
Our department assists all city departments in planning and maintaining department-specific technology applications while ensuring the city's ability to integrate and share information.
The IT department provides technical support for the city's voice and data networks, software tools, workstations, printers and other endpoints. IT also provides audio visual support for Council chambers and other conference rooms.
The established principles that guide the City’s IT Department are as follows:
- Provide reliable and efficient service delivery
- Commitment to superior end-user support
- Maintain a progressive, yet stable technology infrastructure
- Implement technologies that increase access to government services by Dunwoody citizens
- Strive to make fiscally responsible decisions