Record Restriction refers to the restriction of criminal history records. O.C.G.A. §35-3-37(d) provides for the restriction of certain criminal history records when approved by the prosecuting attorney. Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) cannot restrict a criminal history record without the approval of the prosecuting attorney.
Instructions for Request to Restrict (Expunge) Arrest Record
- The Dunwoody Police Department processing fee is $25.00 and is NON-REFUNDABLE. Only cash and money orders (payable to "City of Dunwoody") are accepted as a form of payment.
- By filing and paying for a Request to Restrict (Expunge) Arrest Record this does NOT guarantee approval.
- If the applicant’s case was presented in the Dunwoody Municipal Court, our department will complete Section 2 and the Request to Restrict (Expunge) Arrest Record ("Request Form") will be forwarded to the City of Dunwoody Solicitor for review. Please allow a maximum of three (3) months for completion of the approval process.
- If the applicant’s case was presented in the DeKalb County Court, our department will complete Section 2 and the Request to Restrict (Expunge) Arrest Record will be forwarded to the DeKalb County Court for review. Please allow a maximum of one (1) year for completion of the approval process.
- Please mail or deliver your Request to Restrict Arrest Record and $25.00 fee to the following address:
- Once the applicant receives an approved Request to Restrict Arrest Record, applicant is responsible for forwarding the approved Request Form, plus an additional $25.00 fee (money order or certified check payable to: "Georgia Bureau of Investigation") to the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC). See Request Form for more details and GCIC's mailing address:
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD REQUEST TO RESTRICT ARREST RECORD
If you have any questions regarding Record Restriction, please contact Robyn Smith at the Dunwoody Police Department: email@example.com or 678-382-6928.