FACT: It is believed that less than 10% of those victimized by child sexual abuse will never tell anyone of their abuse. The result will be issues that last a lifetime. It is imperative that we break the silence of abuse, whether it is sexual or physical, and that children are protected. If you believe that a child is being abused, or if you are a child that is being abused, please contact your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible. We believe that getting this secret out into the open is the first step towards healing.
The mission of the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy is to champion the needs of sexually and severely physically abused children through prevention, intervention, therapy, and collaboration.
The Center’s Strategic Plan includes:
- Taking the leadership role in Fulton and DeKalb Counties in facilitating collaboration, communication, and appropriate case coordination and management in both sexual and severe physical abuse cases and
- developing and building co-located facilities in which social and medical services, law enforcement and prosecutorial resources work together in close proximity, and
- providing professional and timely forensic services and psychotherapy at no cost to child victims of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse and child witnesses to homicide, and
- providing training to professionals and expert testimony in court cases, and
- training one million adults throughout Georgia by 2020 to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
For more information, please contact the Georgia Center for Child Advocacy at: 678/904-2880 or visit their website: www.georgiacenterforchildadvocacy.org