Police Department


Skip Navigation LinksFAQ

Q. Where is the Dunwoody Police Department located?
We are located at 41 Perimeter Center East, Suite 100, Dunwoody, GA 30346. The main office number is (678) 382-6900.

Q. How can I contact the police for help?
In the event of an emergency, DIAL "911". Our officers are dispatched for both emergency and non-emergency calls through ChatComm 911 Authority. If you need administrative help, contact Police Services at DPD: (678) 382-6900 (option 7).

Q. How can I obtain a copy of a police report and how much are they?
You may come to the police department in person with a valid I.D. to pick up a copy of the report. Reports are available 24/7. The cost is a flat $5.00 fee for each Accident Report (cash only) and $0.10 per page (cash only) for all other reports unless you are listed in the report as a victim, there is no cost. For your convenience, Accident Reports (only) are also available online through www.buycrash.com **WE CANNOT PROCESS REQUESTS FOR POLICE REPORTS BY EMAIL OR FAX**

Q. Can I request a copy of a police report by fax or Email?
No, we cannot process requests for police reports by fax or Email. You must visit the police department in person.

Q. Do you conduct Criminal History / Background checks?
Yes. You will need to sign a waiver and bring a valid identification card. This service is available from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 pm, seven days a week, excluding holidays. The cost is $20.00 (cash only).

Q. Can I get my fingerprints taken at the Dunwoody Police Department?
Yes. Bring a valid I.D. Applicant fingerprints are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. The cost is $15.00 (cash only). NOTE: We cannot take fingerprints for Firearms Permits. Please visit DeKalb Probate Court for this service: http://web.co.dekalb.ga.us/DK_Police/pol-permits.html

Q. My vehicle was impounded in Dunwoody, where can I pick it up?
Brown and Brown Wrecker Service, 3854 N. Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341. (770) 457-3879

Q. I received a ticket and I want to pay it. Whom do I need to contact?
A. You can visit the City of Dunwoody Municipal Court at 41 Perimeter Center East, #103, Dunwoody, GA 30346 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri (excluding holidays) or you can pay online by visiting: Municipal Court Online Payments

Q. How can I have my house placed on "Vacation Watch"?
The Dunwoody Police Department utilizes a system called Interactive Defense which allows you to enter and maintain your home watches and receive Email and/or text message updates when your home is checked. Simply go to www.dunwoodyids.com and click on "Not Registered? Click Here" in the upper right corner. Once you register, you can go to the "Safety Center" tab and click on "Request a Home Watch" on the right of the screen. The Home Watch will directly link to the Dunwoody Police Officers who are on patrol.

Q. Does the Dunwoody Police Department have a Neighborhood Watch program?
Yes. Please contact Community Outreach Officer Tim Fecht at timothy.fecht@dunwoodyga.gov or 678-382-6917 to find out more.

Q. How do I find out about all classes and programs offered by the Dunwoody Police Department?
We have several classes and programs offered each year. Visit our Events and Programs Page for a complete list and details.