Skip Navigation LinksDepartments | Community Development | Building Permits | Single-Family Residential



Skip Navigation LinksSingle-Family Residential

Required Documents:

NOTE: Projects that require a Site Plan will be reviewed by our City Planner & City Engineer. This process can take up to ten business days (M-F). Our office will contact you via email or phone once your review has been completed.
Once you have been approved and all other conditions of zoning are met, we will issue your permit.

Subcontractor Information

ALL subcontractors are required to permit through the City of Dunwoody. This includes, but is not limited to the following trades:

  • Plumbing
  • Mechanical / HVAC
  • Electrical
  • Low-Voltage Electrical
  • Fire Alarm Systems
  • Fire Sprinkler Systems

Subcontractors may submit their forms once the building permit has been issued. Sub-Contractor permits may be processed in person or through the mail with an accompanying check. All forms must include the following documentation:

NOTE: DO NOT Fax this information to our offices. Payment MUST be received WITH your forms, either via mail or in-person.

  • Completed Sub-Contractor Form
  • Copies of all State Licenses where applicable and government issued photo ID of individual holding trade license
  • Copy of business license issued by any City or County in the State of Georgia
  • Fee payment in the form of Cash, Check, MasterCard or Visa. (Mail-in applications MUST be paid in Check form) (Click here to estimate your fees)
  • If a change of service is requested, please fill out the Power Release Form in addition to the Sub-Contractor Form.