Dunwoody Police Chaplain Program
Police Chaplains are trained clergy of a recognized religious denomination who serve as confidential counselors, advisors, and consultants to police department employees and the public in matters relating to the clergy or the traditional functions of the clergy.
The Dunwoody Police Department is privileged to have highly qualified and experienced civilian Chaplains who serve in a variety of support roles both within the agency and throughout the community. Police Chaplains are volunteers who donate their time to the Dunwoody community and the police officers who serve it.
Responsibilities of Chaplains:
- Counsel law enforcement personnel and their families;
- Visit sick or injured officers and departmental personnel in homes and hospitals;
- Assist with death notifications;
- Provide assistance to crime victims and their families;
- Provide training to law enforcement personnel in areas such as stress management, ethics, and family life;
- Respond to major incidents and crises when their services may be required;
- Assist with suicide incidents and other personal tragedies in the community;
- Serve as the police department's liaison with other clergy in the community;
- Provide for the spiritual needs of prisoners as necessary;
- Provide guidance on issues related to religions;
- Offer prayers at special occasions such as award ceremonies, funerals, and dedications;
- Serve on review boards, award boards, and other committees as invited.
The Chaplain program is open to any ordained member of the clergy who either lives in Dunwoody or is the leader of a place of worship located within the City of Dunwoody. We currently have seven Police Chaplains. Click on their names to learn more about them or to contact them directly.
Pastor B. Campbell Pastor J. Cirigliano Rev. R. Egan
Pastor J. Reiter Rev. P. Urdanick Rev. J. Whitener
Rabbi M. Zimmerman
For additional information regarding the Dunwoody Police Chaplain program, please contact Sgt. Mike Carlson (currently on military leave) or Officer Tim Fecht: 678-382-6917 email@example.com